Monday, October 7, 2013

Theater!

Greetings again!

London Theater is not something to be missed. I really enjoy watching plays but the max of my theater experience is local high school plays. I signed up to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in November, but I had the opportunity to see a few plays recently!

During orientation we were taken to Woman in Black. I have seen the movie and I was TERRIFIED! But I thought, "hey this is a play-there is no way it can be as scary, right?" Wrong! It was terrifying! The play was so well done. There were two main actors who played all of the roles, and an actress who played the woman in black. There wasn't a lot of props, and a lot of imagination was employed. But the set itself was really fascinating. It implored the use of light, which made it really eerie!



I also went to see Chimerica because my RA got really cheap tickets. I researched a bit about the play before I went, and I had trouble finding exactly what it was about...but all the reviews were extremely positive. I thought the play was magnificent. It was focused on the after effects of the famous Tiananmen Square incident. The leading role was a slightly-worn-trying-to-be-youg photographer, who had taken a famous picture from the day. It haunted him, and he wanted to learn more about the man he had taken a picture of. It was a really interesting, deep play that pulled on an array of emotions. The set was also amazing-it was this rotating cube, with images projected on the sides, and accompanied by constant, chaotic music and exoctic lighting.



There's a reason London is so famous for theater! There are definitely ways to get cheap tickets, so if it's your thing, go for it!

Cheers,

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment