Thursday, November 7, 2013

Harrods


Hello!

I hope you're all enjoying fall! Here it isn't really fall...just chilly and blustery! Yesterday was the end of midterms!!! THANK GOODNESS! My friends and I made some delicious treats: apple pie, apple crisp, and caramel dipping sauce for our extra apples :) It was so yummy and relaxing. It felt like fall.

Now on to Christmas... Well, that's according to London anyway!

From the first time I went to Primark (this cheap, classy clothing store) there were Christmas sweaters-in September. Now, all of the grocery stores are carrying winter and holiday things. Normally I refuse to let myself celebrate Christmas until December 1st, but I think this year I might have to make an exception. I mean, come on, if London's doing it, I have to get the full experience, right? ha-ha. I am still going to wait a couple of weeks before I really get into the Christmas spirit though. It is just toooo early now.

Anyway, so on Tuesday I went to Harrods for the first time! Oh my gosh. First, the window displays were incredible! They were each supposed to be a boxcar from "The Harrods Express". The mannequins were all wearing gorgeous gowns and tuxes, and there were platters of jewelry, food, and all sorts of beautiful things. The windows were screens of passing by a winter scene.

There was a cute old man wearing a full length green coat and hap, and he opened the door for everyone. When you got in, it was overwhelming. It's huge, by the way, with signs pointing everywhere. I explored a bit of the clothes and perfume. It was so fancy!

Then I went to the Food Halls. Amazing. They have chefs and chocolatiers and bakers. It was already decorated for Christmas and it was done beautifully, with gold garland and fake fruit. It was so amazing! I looked at everything-all of the tins of tea, the chocolates, the snowflake cakes. My mouth was actually watering. Of course, many things were really expensive. But don't be discouraged! I got a slice of pecan pie-the first I have seen in London-for three pounds. It was delicious, I must say. Also, a lot of the tins of tea go on sale fairly quickly, I noticed. There were already a few Christmas sales. I also saw that they have a rack of day-old baked goods. They still taste totally fine, just at a cheaper price! There were six cupcakes for 3 pounds! Furthermore, they are renowned for their quality, so if you're looking for a nice gift or treat, the food hall is not a bad option. I didn't explore the rest of Harrods because I needed to get back to do homework (boo!). But I want to go back and see some of the other displays some other time.

Cheers!

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment