Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Last Week

Hello, hello!

It's official. It's just a mere week until I am home. Isn't that crazy? Sometimes it felt like it would never end, and other times it flew far too fast.

I've been pretty much going nonstop since Thursday (when I was officially done with finals!).

On Friday, I went to the Harry Potter studios which are located outside of London. They were so amazing! I pretty much geeked out all day, which is my favorite thing to do. I had some butterbeer and a chocolate frog, not to mention seeing all of the awesome sets!

I have also been making my last rounds in the markets. And at all of them, I have seen countless Santas. Some at Camden Lock, one on stilts at Covent Garden, and many wandering the tube. It sure is Christmasy here! Burrough had Christmas trees and singing everywhere. I had my last cup of spiced, mulled cider-nothing beats it.

This evening I went to a Christmas service at St. Martin's in the Fields. It was so beautiful. First, the church itself is gorgeous. But when  the church is filled with the sounds of an organ, a professional choir, and 200 or so visitors singing, it is breathtaking. It was so wonderful! We sang Christmas classics like "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "Little Town of Bethlehem".

Samuel Johnson once said, "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life". As I find my time here wrapping up, I think I could never tire of London. But I am definitely ready to head home. I miss it so much!

Until then,

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment